Our exotic and educational journey will provide many opportunities to explore the history and rich cultural traditions of two fascinating countries, Vietnam and Cambodia! We will visit Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, My Son, Ho Chi Minh City, the Mekong Delta, and finally Cambodia—where we will behold the magnificent site of Angkor Wat.
- Intriguing Hanoi, with the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, and serene Van Mieu (Temple of Literature)
- An interesting trishaw ride through Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Overnight cruise on Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The ancient capital of Hue, including the tomb of Tu Duc and a boat ride on the Perfume River
- Scenic drive to the Marble Mountains
- Charming Hoi An, including the Hoi An History Museum and Fujien Chinese Temple
- Excursion to the sanctuary of My Son to see ruins of the ancient Cham city, historically known as Amaravati
- Ho Chi Minh City, with visits to the popular War Remnants Museum and Reunification Palace
- Excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels to see the web-like tunnel system built by the Viet Cong
- A delightful tour of the Mekong Delta ending in Can Tho
- The floating market of Cai Rang and the fruit garden of Ba Cong
- Phnom Penh including the Silver Pagoda, Wat Phnom, and the Royal Palace, with an excursion to the Killing Fields
- Siem Reap with Banteay Temple and the Taprohm Jungle Temple
- Plenty of time to explore magnificent Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
Johannes (John) and Lynda have been leading tour groups to destinations in North and South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia since 1985. This will be their seventh tour to Vietnam, and the fifth time in combination with Cambodia. John and Lynda are both former educators. After leaving education, Lynda became an at-home mother and John joined Witte Travel & Tours as a group sales consultant and tour leader. They are parents of a blended family, with five children and 13 grandchildren.
Register Early for a Chance to Save!
Those who sign up by June 15 will be entered in a drawing and the winner will receive $500 off their tour cost!