You are invited to join Calvin College CALL, Alumni Association, and friends for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to visit Dublin, London, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Edinburgh.
Explore the rich cultural and literary history of Ireland, England, and Scotland. You will walk the footsteps of famous writers, go behind the scenes at multiple theatres, and be a part of the audience in world-famous venues. You’ll have a chance to shop at Harrods Department Store, tour the Guinness factory, as well as London’s Parliament building.
The trip culminates with attendance at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. This yearly event takes place at Edinburgh Castle Esplanade. Set with the castle as a backdrop, you’ll enjoy the music, performances, and festivities. The Tattoo started in 1950 and has grown to be a worldwide event and has sold out the last eighteen years.
- Premier seating at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Hand-selected theatre performances. Your host, Debra Freeberg, will select two-three performances throughout the trip.
- Literary sightseeing experiences:
- Literary Walk in Dublin
- Dublin Writers Museum
- Book of Kells
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the National Theater (London) and The Royal Shakespeare Company Theater (The Globe Theatre)
- Tour Westminster Palace (London Parliament Building)
- Small Group Size. This tour is limited to 30, so register today!
- Also included in the price:
- Airport transfer to Chicago
- Roundtrip airfare from Chicago
- Intra tour flight from Dublin to London
- 13 nights’ accommodations
- Transportation throughout the British Isles
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- And more!