Things I learned on the Netherlands Waterway Cruise:
- Make sure you have extra battery packs and memory cards for your camera!
- Don’t wait until you get to the airport to say goodbye to all the new friends you’ve made. With everyone busy finding their luggage and looking for the right gate, we were scattered to the four winds before we knew it. Make sure to get information to stay in touch while you’re still on the boat.
- Take comfortable walking shoes. Also, take comfy “lounging” shoes for when you’re on the boat.
- If you like ice cream, you’ll love ice cream in Holland.
- Holland is full of friendly, helpful people who live in a clean, green world and are very proud of their land and their heritage.
- Although our cruise ship is small compared to many of larger ships we saw in Amsterdam harbor, this boat can get into the smaller canals and go places the big guys can’t. That’s really what makes this waterway cruise so special. And I think it makes it a more comfy-cozy sort of trip.
It was a great time and a great trip, and if I have an opportunity to go again, I hope to meet you there!